What This Policy Covers
Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information from you when you provide it to us directly, such as when you create an account, fill out a form, send us an email, or request information. The types of information we collect may include your name, email address, phone number, contract details (where applicable), or mailing address. If you purchase a product using our website, payment information will be collected by a third-party vendor that is PCI-DSS compliant.
Information We Collect Automatically
You can browse our Websites anonymously. However, we automatically collect from all visitors to our Websites non-identifying usage information (“Usage Information”) from all certain non-identifying information is collected . Usage Information may include your IP address or other unique device identifier, web browser and operating system; the date and time of your visit; the pages from which you navigate to and from our Websites or the search terms that lead you to our Websites; and the pages on our Websites you visit and how long you are on each page.
How We Use Your Information
- To administer, operate, and improve our Websites and our Services (we continually strive to improve our Website offerings and Services based on information and feedback we receive from our users);
- To publish to other Website visitors. If you submit a comment on the Website through a comment option on a post or through a discussion board during the online course, your name may be publicly visible.
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
- To respond to an email, inquiry, or request from you (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs);
- To process a transaction;
- To send periodic emails providing you with information you request or information we think may be of interest to you (you may opt out of such communications at any time by following the instructions in each communication);
- To enable trusted third-party service providers to help us provide, improve, protect, and promote our Websites and Services. We have partnered with the Sempre Group (“Sempre”) to offer live training in the UK and Ireland. If you are located in the UK or Ireland, we will provide Your information to Sempre to better aid and personalize your experience.;
- To prevent fraud and to ensure the safety and security of our Websites and Services; or
- To comply with a legal obligation, such as responding to a subpoena or a court order, or to protect our rights.
In addition, we may disclose your information, including your personally identifying information, as part of a merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which information about our users may be treated as a business asset.
How We Store Collected Information
The Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. We generally delete information after storing the information for 7 years. The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics. Usage information is collected and stored in Google Analytics for 26 months.
- Stripe. For payment transactions, personal information is shared with Stripe in connection with your transaction. Because Stripe acts a service provider or processor, We share Personal Data to enable the transaction.
- HubSpot. Usage Information is collected and stored for website visit analytics, emails, and marketing.
- QuickBooks. Personal information is collected and stored for invoicing.
Most browsers can be set to detect Cookies and give you an opportunity to reject them. However, refusing cookies may, in some cases, inhibit or preclude your use of our Websites. You can learn more about Cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Information for California Residents
Under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (“CalOPPA”), you may have the right to request and receive certain information about a company’s disclosure of your personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing use, and your choices with respect to such disclosures. Because we do not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing use unless you are first given the opportunity to opt-in or out, we are exempt from this requirement.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) imposes certain disclosure requirements on companies doing business in California that meet certain statutory thresholds. Because we do not meet any of those thresholds, the CCPA does not apply to us or our Websites.
“Do Not Track”
“Do Not Track” (DNT) is a setting available in most web browsers that asks a web application to disable its tracking of an individual user. When you choose to turn on the DNT setting in your browser, your browser sends a special signal to websites, analytics companies, ad networks, plug in providers, and other web services you encounter while browsing to stop tracking your activity. There is currently no consensus yet on how companies should respond to DNT signals. At this time, we do not respond to DNT signals. You can learn more about Do Not Track by visiting https://allaboutdnt.com.
Our Websites are not directed to children under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 16, either directly or via any other website or online service. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided personal information to us, please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Residents of the EEA, UK, and Switzerland
Our principal place of business is in the United States. By using our Websites or Services, you expressly consent to your information being processed in the United States.
Our Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Data
- To provide, on request, appropriate information about the product or services
- Communication associated with the delivery of the contracted products or services
- To process purchase transactions for products and services with customers
- Processing of payment requirements in order to fulfill purchases
- Actual delivery of products and services in physical or digital forms
- To provide further information about related products or services for identified areas of interest
- Follow-up to ensure requested information meets the needs of the customer, potential customer
- Personal contact information as provided through website forms or at trade shows, symposium, conferences, events or any other means
What are Your Data Protection Rights if You are Located in the European Union
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The Right to Access You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The Right to Rectification: You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The Right to Erasure: You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The Right to Restrict Processing: You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The Right to Data Portability: You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you are located in the European Union or European Economic Area and make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Changes to this Policy
We may occasionally update this Policy. When we do, we will also revise the “last updated” date at the beginning of the Policy. By continuing to use our Websites after such updates, you are agreeing to the terms of the then-current Policy. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to stay informed about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information.
Engineer Essentials LLC - creators of GD&T Basics
1708-C Augusta St.
Greenville, SC 29605
If you are a resident of the European Union and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local data protection authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
Last updated: July 1, 2023