GD&T Fundamentals Public Training
With the GD&T Fundamentals Public Training Course you will learn a simple framework that will allow you to understand how GD&T is used and why GD&T improves the manufacturing process. This course focuses on practical knowledge and uses real-world drawing examples throughout the class to practice what is learned. We don’t throw every concept at you – we make sure to teach only the concepts and terminology necessary to do their jobs better and improve your manufacturing operation.
- Virtual training through Zoom
- 4 Half-Day Training Sessions
- Each day includes 4 hours of training with 30 mins of Q&A -- 12pm-4:30pm EST
- Includes 2-weeks access to the seminar recording after the training is complete
- Receive a 10% Discount when registering 3 or more people from the same company.*
- Register for both GD&T Fundamentals and Advanced GD&T Public Training Courses and receive $100 off.*
*In order to receive any discounts, please reach out to us to register.
Full course details can be found in the GD&T Fundamentals syllabus.
Upcoming GD&T Fundamentals Public Seminars
4-Day GD&T Fundamentals
- January 22-25, 2024
- 12:00 pm - 4:30 pm EST
- Registration ends: January 19, 2024
4-Day GD&T Fundamentals
- March 4-7, 2024
- 12:00 pm - 4:30 pm EST
- Registration ends: March 1, 2024
How it Works
Once registered, a confirmation email will be sent with additional training information.
Training Materials Sent
A packet of training materials will be sent digitally (by email) two weeks before training – if located in the USA, printed materials will also be sent one week prior to the training date.
Zoom Link Sent
A unique to you Zoom link will be sent two weeks prior to the training date.
We will meet for training each day for 4 hours followed by 30 minutes of Q&A.
A Certificate of Completion will be provided for full attendance, and 1-year access to our online platform: GD&T Fundamentals online course, webinars, bonus videos, and instructor question line.
Students who attend the GD&T Fundamentals public seminar will:
- Learn best practices that represent how GD&T is used in real-world design and production.
- Simplify the main requirements and terminology of the ASME Y14.5 Standard into plain English.
- Break down the majority of all concepts in the GD&T Standards into one simple unified GD&T Basics Framework.
- Learn all 14 major symbols & how to use them, which ones are most useful & which ones to avoid.
- Understand what datums do & how they are applied on drawings for design, manufacturing, & inspection.
- Discover how Max Material Condition creates bonus tolerance while maintaining a functional part.
- Reinforce all concepts by showing them on realistic manufacturing-ready engineering prints.
- Retain key concepts using our included resources so you will be able to apply what you learn after training.
Who this training is for:
Our training is designed to be very approachable and geared towards everyone from entry level to those with intermediate experience. To take this training, you should have some experience in a design, production or inspection environment working with engineering drawings. You should also be able to understand how parts are represented and viewed on a print. No prior GD&T knowledge is required though.
This GD&T Fundamentals course is ideal for:
- Inspectors and Inspection Planners
- New Hires
- Sales and Purchasing Professionals
- Machinists and Operators
- Tooling Engineers
- Managers and Supervisors
- Production Associates
- And anyone else who works with prints with GD&T
Virtual Training - Completed via Zoom
Join the training on any device, from anywhere! With our virtual training, you can participate from home, work, or on the go.
Certificate of Completion
You will be provided with a Certificate of Completion for full attendance.
Review Reference Packet
You will receive a digital copy of the handouts that will be used during the training. These will be emailed one week before the training event. If you register with a United States mailing address, you will also receive printed copies of the training materials in the mail no later than the Friday before training.
Real-world Industry Drawing Examples
Digital copies of real-world industry drawings will be provided for you to practice what you learn in class. These drawing examples will be emailed to you a week before the training event.
1-Year Access to Online Platform
Access to our GD&T Fundamentals online course and live & pre-recorded monthly webinars are included with this training.
Detailed Reference Charts
You will also receive our helpful wall charts and reference materials, including: GD&T Premium Symbols Chart, Drill Tap Chart, ASME vs ISO Comparison Chart, and our ASME Y14.5 2009 vs 2018 Standard Comparison Chart.
2 Weeks Access to Seminar Recording
You will receive 2-weeks of access to the seminar recording after the training is complete.
Post Training Support
Receive access to our Instructor Question Line for 1 year.
Learn More About the Course:
Find all the details about the GD&T Fundamentals Public Training Course by downloading the course syllabus below.