Advanced GD&T Public Training
While the GD&T Fundamentals course teaches a core framework for understanding GD&T, the Advanced GD&T course builds upon this to give students a more comprehensive understanding of GD&T standards and their application. GD&T standards cover every manufacturing application across every industry, and this course fleshes out our Fundamentals course framework to show how GD&T is applied for better design for manufacturability.
- Virtual training through Zoom
- 3 Half-Day Training Sessions
- Each day includes 4 hours of training with 30 mins of Q&A -- 12pm-4:30pm EST
- Includes 2-weeks access to the seminar recording after the training is complete
- Receive a 10% Discount when registering 3 or more people from the same company.*
- Register for both GD&T Fundamentals and Advanced GD&T Public Training Courses and receive $100 off.*
*In order to receive any discounts, please reach out to us for registration.
DISCLOSURE: The GD&T Fundamentals course is a prerequisite for the Advanced GD&T training. Attendees must have previously completed a GD&T Fundamentals course or have GD&T experience/knowledge as defined in the course description prior to registration for the Advanced GD&T course. The Advanced GD&T training will not review basic concepts reviewed in the Fundamentals course.
Full course description can be found in the Advanced GD&T syllabus.
Upcoming Advanced GD&T Public Seminars
3-Day Advanced GD&T
- October 24-26, 2023
- 12:00 pm - 4:30 pm EST
- Registration ends: October 20, 2023
How it Works
Once registered, a confirmation email will be sent with additional training information.
Training Materials Sent
A packet of training materials will be sent digitally (by email) two weeks before training – if located in the USA, printed materials will also be sent one week prior to the training date.
Zoom Link Sent
A unique to you Zoom link will be sent two weeks prior to the training date.
We will meet for training each day for 4 hours followed by 30 minutes of Q&A.
A Certificate of Completion will be provided for full attendance, and 1-Year access to our online platform: GD&T Fundamentals online course, webinars, bonus videos, and instructor question line.
Students who attend the GD&T Fundamentals public seminar will:
- Expand upon the topics learned in the GD&T Fundamentals Course to understand advanced GD&T controls.
- Learn how advanced datum feature controls are to be interpreted and applied in measurement.
- Understand composite controls for position and profile tolerances and why they are beneficial.
- Design components with tolerances required to guarantee assembly while giving maximum amount of tolerancing to manufacturing.
- Learn cost saving techniques that benefit manufacturing processes and inspection.
- Perform boundary tolerance calculations on parts to detect minimum and maximum limits.
- Learn functional gauge design principles for inspection and understanding limits of a part.
- Gain a full understanding for industry specific topics in the ASME Y14.5 that you may come across on your prints.
Who this training is for:
Our Advanced GD&T Training focuses on implementing and interpreting GD&T with an emphasis on design for manufacturing. This course is for anyone looking to expand upon their fundamental knowledge of GD&T. We highly recommend completion of our GD&T Fundamentals Course, or an equivalent GD&T course, before enrolling in our Advanced GD&T Training.
For a check on your GD&T skills, take this quiz:
Virtual Training - Completed via Zoom
Join the training on any device, from anywhere! With our virtual training, you can participate from home, work, or on the go.
Certificate of Completion
You will be provided with a Certificate of Completion for full attendance.
Review Reference Packet
You will receive a digital copy of the handouts that will be used during the training. These will be emailed one week before the training event. If you register with a United States mailing address, you will also receive printed copies of the training materials in the mail no later than the Friday before training.
Real-world Industry Drawing Examples
Digital copies of real-world industry drawings will be provided for you to practice what you learn in class. These drawing examples will be emailed to you a week before the training event.
1-Year Access to Online Platform
Access to our Advanced GD&T online course and live & pre-recorded monthly webinars are included with this training.
Detailed Reference Charts
You will also receive our helpful wall charts and reference materials, including: GD&T Premium Symbols Chart, Drill Tap Chart, ASME vs ISO Comparison Chart, and our ASME Y14.5 2009 vs 2018 Standard Comparison Chart.
2 Weeks Access to Seminar Recording
You will receive 2-weeks of access to the seminar recording after the training is complete.
Post Training Support
Receive access to our Instructor Question Line for 1-Year.
Learn More About the Course:
Find all the details about the Advanced GD&T Public Training Course by downloading the course syllabus below.