Print Reading and Tolerances Public Training
In the Print Reading and Tolerances Public Training Course, you will learn to read, interpret, and understand real engineering drawings. We break down the complexities of engineering drawings into key concepts that apply to every print, using a mix of documented standards, shop floor knowledge, and real-world examples.
- Virtual training through Zoom
- 3 Half-Day Training Sessions
- Each day includes 4 hours of training with 30 mins of Q&A -- 12pm-4:30pm EST
- Includes 2-weeks access to the seminar recording after the training is complete
- Receive a 10% Discount when registering 3 or more people from the same company.*
*In order to receive any discounts, please reach out to us to register.
Full course details can be found in the Print Reading and Tolerances syllabus.
Upcoming Print Reading and Tolerances Public Seminars
3-Day Print Reading and Tolerances
- February 27-29, 2024
- 12:00 pm - 4:30 pm EST
- Registration ends: February 23, 2024
How it Works
Once registered, a confirmation email will be sent with additional training information.
Training Materials Sent
A packet of training materials will be sent digitally (by email) two weeks before training – if located in the USA, printed materials will also be sent one week prior to the training date.
Zoom Link Sent
A unique to you Zoom link will be sent two weeks prior to the training date.
We will meet for training each day for 4 hours followed by 30 minutes of Q&A.
A Certificate of Completion will be provided for full attendance, and 1-Year access to our online platform: Print Reading & Tolerances online course, webinars, bonus videos, and instructor question line.
Students who attend the GD&T Fundamentals public seminar will:
- Recognize and understand the most common symbols found on engineering drawings.
- Decipher different dimensioning methods used on engineering drawings to determine what dimensional tolerances really mean.
- Identify the pertinent manufacturing information on a print, such as units of measure, general tolerances, revision history, bill of material, and other critical data.
- Interpret various views and line types on 2D drawings to visualize the full geometry of a part or assembly in 3D
Who this training is for:
Whether or not you have a technical background, anyone who works with or makes decisions with prints can benefit from taking our Print Reading & Tolerances course. This course is approachable at any level, with no previous print reading experience required.
This Print Reading & Tolerances course is ideal for:
- Inspectors and Inspection Planners
- New Hires
- Sales and Purchasing Professionals
- Machinists and Operators
- Tooling Engineers
- Managers and Supervisors
- And anyone else who works with prints with GD&T
Virtual Training - Completed via Zoom
Join the training on any device, from anywhere! With our virtual training, you can participate from home, work, or on the go.
Certificate of Completion
You will be provided with a Certificate of Completion for full attendance.
Review Reference Packet
You will receive a digital copy of the handouts that will be used during the training. These will be emailed one week before the training event. If you register with a United States mailing address, you will also receive printed copies of the training materials in the mail no later than the Friday before training.
Real-world Industry Drawing Examples
Digital copies of real-world industry drawings will be provided for you to practice what you learn in class. These drawing examples will be emailed to you a week before the training event.
1-Year Access to Online Platform
Access to our Print Reading & Tolerances online course and live & pre-recorded monthly webinars are included with this training.
Detailed Reference Charts
You will also receive our helpful wall charts and reference materials, including: Print Reading Chart, Orthographic Views Chart, Welding Basics Chart, ASME vs ISO Comparison Chart, and our ASME Y14.5 2009 vs 2018 Standard Comparison Chart.
2 Weeks Access to Seminar Recording
You will receive 2-weeks of access to the seminar recording after the training is complete.
Post Training Support
Receive access to our Instructor Question Line for 1-Year.
Learn More About the Course:
Find all the details about the Print Reading and Tolerances Public Training Course by downloading the course syllabus below.