Here is what you get in the GD&T Fundamentals Course:
- Intro to Features and Material Conditions
- Rule #1 of GD&T (Envelope Principle)
- Maximum Material Condition
- Least Material Condition
- Regardless of Feature’s Size & Rule #2
- Basics of Functional Gauging
- The Feature Control Frame
- SLOF for Drawings (Size, Location, Orientation & Form)
- How to Choose Your Datums
- Straightness (Surface)
- Straightness (Derived Median Line)
- Flatness (Surface)
- Flatness (Derived Median Plane)
- Parallelism (Surface)
- Parallelism (Axis)
- Perpendicularity (Surface)
- Perpendicularity (Axis)
- Angularity (Surface and Axis)
- True Position – Basics
- Position Tolerance vs. Coordinate Dimensioning
- True Position In-Depth (Part 1 & 2)
How do we know what you are going to use?
Our course development team consists of design engineers and CNC machinists who have years of experience in the automotive and fabrication industries.
We discovered that despite the differences in the fields we are in, we all focused on the same few elements of GD&T over and over. While sometimes we came across more complex elements of GD&T in our jobs, 90% of the time we relied on the same core concepts.
Do you have any questions about our program? Contact us today!
Are you looking for group rates or want to join our academic partnership program? Click here to learn more about the discounts we provide companies and academic programs.