GD&T Course Lessons and Curriculum
We break down and simplify all the GD&T concepts you need and show you how they are used in real world applications! Download our curriculum to learn more.
Here is what you get in the GD&T Fundamentals Course:
SECTION 1: INTRODUCTION
- Course Introduction – Why This Course is Different
- What is GD&T?
- Terminology & Basic Rules
SECTION 2: RULES OF GD&T
- Intro to Features and Material Conditions
- Rule #1 of GD&T (Envelope Principle)
- Maximum Material Condition
- Least Material Condition
- Regardless of Feature’s Size & Rule #2
- Basics of Functional Gauging
SECTION 3: DATUMS CONTROL
- Intro to Datums
- Datum Reference Frame
- Primary Datum Controls
- Datum Targets
- Intro to MMB and LMB
SECTION 4: ADDING GD&T TO A DESIGN
- The Feature Control Frame
- SLOF for Drawings (Size, Location, Orientation & Form)
- How to Choose Your Datums
SECTION 5: FORM TOLERANCES
SECTION 6: ORIENTATION TOLERANCES
- Parallelism (Surface)
- Parallelism (Axis)
- Perpendicularity (Surface)
- Perpendicularity (Axis)
- Angularity (Surface and Axis)
SECTION 7: PROFILE TOLERANCES
- Profile of a Surface – Basics
- Profile (Modifiers and More Examples)
- Profile of a Line
SECTION 8: LOCATION TOLERANCES
- True Position – Basics
- Position Tolerance vs. Coordinate Dimensioning
- True Position In-Depth (Part 1 & 2)
SECTION 9: RUNOUT TOLERANCES
- Runout/Circular Runout
- Total Runout
Do you have any questions?
We want to make sure that we answer all of your questions and address your specific needs.
How do we know what you are going to use?
Our course development team consists of design engineers and CNC machinists who have years of experience in the automotive and fabrication industries.
We discovered that despite the differences in the fields we are in, we all focused on the same few elements of GD&T over and over. While sometimes we came across more complex elements of GD&T in our jobs, 90% of the time we relied on the same core concepts.